In this article we are going to explore how to do maintenance of home dehumidifier and portable industrial dehumidifiers. Dehumidifier is device which runs continuously to remove humidity from inlet air and give dry air out. In this process all parts of dehumidifiers are actively use continuously. Regular maintenance is must to address wear and tear of different parts of dehumidifier. To avoid regular maintenance or damage of unit, first of all it should be installed properly and used as mention by manufacturer. All caution regarding installation and maintenance of industrial dehumidifiers one should take into considerations. Some of general cautions list is as follow:
Cautions for installation of home and portable industrial dehumidifiers.
Some of cautions are as follow:
- do not install unit on uneven surface. This will cause shaking, noise and water leakage.
- Clearance should be at least 20 cm from all side for free intake/outlet of air and heat dissipation. If you are using dehumidifier for drying of laundry of wall then keep minimum clearance of at least 50cm.
3. Keep machine away form reach of children. I will be dangerous to insert anything into the machine.
4. Always keep machine from sources of heat like sunlight, heater, gas etc.
5. To increase efficiency please close all windows and door while machine is operating.
6. Do not bug oil, spray paint or any flammable near dehumidifier unit. It can cause fire.
7. If you are using hose connection for continuous drainage then make sure that pipe connected tightly to hose and it should have any folding and should have slope.
Maintenance of Humidity control unit.
Regular maintenance of unit not only increase efficiency of unit but also its life. It is very important that before starting any maintenance work, please unplug unit from power socket. Some of general maintenance tips are as follow:
- Unplug unit from power socket.
- Cleaning of Filter: Most of units provided with washable air filter. You can easily remove these filter and clean it by vacuum cleaner or if it is washable filter then it can be clean under tab water. regular cleaning of filter is very important for clean and healthy air.
- If dehumidifier is dirty externally then you can clean it with help of half dried cloth.
- Water tank should be clean with dry cloth properly. If water kept in tank for long time without using dehumidifier then it can create even mold. Hence if dehumidifier not in use then make sure that water tank is dry.
- For cleaning of blades, evaporative and heating coil you need to have step by step procedure to access these parts. Otherwise take help of ac technicians to access these part for cleaning.
To Know more about dehumidifier for house humidity control then please contact us.
CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES FZE (Ctrltech)
PO Box 122271,
T: +971 6 5489626
Mobile: +971 50 1537113 / +971 55 2338912
F: +971 6 5489627
Product website: http://www.dehumidifier-uae.com